- Join Us
- Know Us
- Support Us
- About Us
You take part in Aarohi beyond your child.
You are integral part of Aarohi and huge learning resources. Here is an attempt to share some ideas on what you can do to make Aarohi a learning space when you visit the campus and stay at campus
working with children - You could share anything that you are passionate about - could be playing drums or juggling, painting mural or playing soccer, making electronic circuits or android apps, doing theater or exploring maths or bouldering or embroidery - actually anything under the sky is okay - till you are passionate about it and would love to do it with kids.
involvement in campus projects - like Bamboo dome, mud construction, gardening and natural way of growing own food, solar cooker, solar water heater, bringing alternate ways of cooking etc.
DOING by yourself like labelling parking area or painting the wall, or making a poster on maths, or rearranging resources, cleaning book rack, adding activities or thoughts behind books or making brush stand, write quotes in the toilet, make word wall, measure the height of the tree, label different heights of the buildings, identify flora and fauna in and around Aarohi and make presentations, repair anything ranging from pressure cooker to chairs….sky is the limit.
become devil, do something to make yourself unpopular….if a child likes to talk ask the child to write to you, if a child likes blue colour make a pink pen stand for that child, cook something new or least popular (Alsi water or Ragi Kanji or ridge gourd soup), challenge them to give them a new experience (like for example walk in the forest without torch in the night), If a child likes craft gift a mathematics practice book, invite them to talk about Russsia, during meal timings give them lecture on food, share carnatic music or insist them to pray using step by step process of praying …. remember even sky not the limit.
to create environment...bring music of your choice and play in background, display some puzzles or
teasers to stimulate brain, bring maps and travel brochures when you travel, make a poster of affirmations, use different resource and plan a session on ‘how to write a story, write story yourself and share in though club, write notes, write about a topic and display on notice board, you yourself learning something new... everything under the sky is cool.
you can do from home...send notes on different topics to be read or to display on notice board, make posters at home ranging from food to martial arts, write letters, share mind tickling puzzles, arrange for live stations, send pictures/videos/audios on different topics which kids are working on, arrange for live station…forget sky - bring cosmos to them!
Pamper us...cook with us, cook for us, give us oil hair massage, help us in cleaning our cupboards.....no limits of your love and care be the part of Aarohi.
Arrange Live Station
Arrange for Live station at Campus by inviting your friends and acquaintances.
“Live station” session is one in which individuals from different walks of life spend valuable time with children at Aarohi - sharing their life, their skills, or their interests etc.
The idea is to provide children exposure and a direct experience of the real world - something that they can watch, question, feel, do and understand.
You can invite anybody your friends or any expert from any field. Pl note Live station is voluntary.
Involved in Special Weeks - You get involved in planning, arranging experts and adding value to various Special Weeks planned during the year.
Volunteer for Campus Development
You can drive or take part in various campus development work / initiatives:
- Campus projects include stuff like Kitchen gardening, Construction work, Creating resources (eg rope ladder or swings), making Solar Oven, etc.
- Funding – Getting donations in cash and kind. Also organize fund raising events.
Take children for Outstation Trips
- You plan any outstation trip and invite children / community to join you.
- Or you align with some children's interests and organise and enjoy travelling with the interested children.
- Either ways - each member travelling pays for own cost. These trips can be of 2 to 10 days (or maybe even more) duration.
Initiate Festivals Celebrations - You can take initiative, plan and celebrate any festival at campus with the whole community.
Join for Manthan - Manthan is the term the Aarohi community uses for an intense meeting of the entire community. Manthan - a churning of visions, wishes and ideas. A meeting to Discuss
- Awareness of learning @ Aarohi
- Share thoughts
1. Information. The objective of this interaction is to discuss and understand the process and working of Aarohi.
2. Churning – This “churning” of ideas in individual minds as well as collectively helps create a common, deeper understanding of Aarohi. The interaction could include - how children learn? Why cooperation and not competition, what If my child fails and not cope up with life after, before during Aarohi etc.
3. Connecting - Spend time together as community.
4. Reflecting – Reflect on ourselves. This interaction could include - What was learnt, What must continue and what must change in Aarohi.
All parents and children are expected to participate as these are a very key part of building the Aarohi community, sharing ideas, questions. concerns, experiences and to 'co-discover'. Visit information sheet for Manthan dates.