- Join Us
- Know Us
- Support Us
- About Us
Learn from Dictator
Submitted by aditi on 24 January, 2014 - 18:17
When we decided to explore Dictatorship in open house, my first feeling was “cruelty, ruling…………….As we explored more about the Democracy, we identified the characteristic of a leader. I have started looking at Dictators from different perspective, I can learn from them and here is what kids identified skills of a leader, we saw “gold” in dictator too :) - kids shared
"Dictators work with confidence and determination. confidence in me and my work. They take responsibility of their task. They set goals for the responsibility and have confidence in what they are doing. A leader can demand, rely, communicate, listen and take inputs from others."
Now the question came up
- If a leader is not open for feedback, feedback and inputs - we will still be given to the leader.
- Its okay if the leader does not have confidence or determination in the task - Other people can help by accepting the person. Acceptance will help in building confidence. The work can be rejected, but not the person.
- If the leader is not resourceful while doing the task, guidance and help can be given - Help can be given by asking questions, giving feedback and resources.
- If the leader is taking advantage of the power given then we can make them aware by expressing- - we can also clarify and we can understand. May be we are feeling that they are using power, but actually they are not. If it goes too much out of hand, we can take back the power.
- If the leaders are not setting goal - We will set the goal for them and give them deadlines. We accept them and take their input and point of view. we do not put them down.
I am still learning - I want to read more about various Dictators :-)